The Maemo community is looking for talented students to join us in the Google Summer of Code initiative.
We already have a good pool of ideas, but we are also looking for students ideas in the mobile/embedded field, especially in the following areas:
* Location based apps;
* Context aware apps;
* Linux kernel advances, related to mobile/embedded;
* Social apps clients;
* Mobile/embedded apps in general that can benefit a wide range of platforms (maemo, openmoko, beagleboard, etc…).
More informations about Maemo @ GSoC can be found here.
I’m proud to announce that the Maemo community is one of 150 organization out of 395 accepted in this year Google Summer of Code
I would like to thank the Maemo mentors and backup mentors and everybody that helped with ideas, reviews and other small things.
The Maemo ideas list still’s open, you can give new ideas for possible Maemo GSoC projects in the next couple of weeks.
Let’s hope a great Summer of Code for the Maemo community
A lot of people in the Maemo community asked for a Maemo 5 video showing the new Maemo UI, so here is one
The application manager doesn’t work for me, and the Fremantle extras-devel repository doesn’t list the available packages trough the web, so I only showed in the video the apps that I know that are already in the repository.
More information about Maemo5 Alpha can be found here
The deadline for submit organization applications for Google Summer of Code is approaching, so is time to move on. We already have a good number of possible mentors, but will be awesome if a few more appear, it will increase the chances of the Maemo community be chosen as a mentoring organization and also can increase the number of projects assigned to the Maemo community. So if you like Maemo and GSoC, go read this page and send some feedback for us in the next couple of days.
More information about Maemo@GSoC can be found here.
The second release of BlueMaemo is out now and for the first time available on the maemo extras repository .
This release features the much requested reconnection feature, among others small fixes/improvements.
Here is a small changelog:
* Added ability to map the space key in the profiles;
* Added method to change bluetooth adapter mode;
* N810 Hardware keyboard support while in mouse profile;
* Major code refactoring – Separated all profiles;
* Added reconnect functionality;
* Added auto-connect functionality (auto-connect BlueMaemo to a device on startup, without user intervention).
BlueMaemo V0.2 is available here.