For those that don’t follow regularly the maemo.org forums, here are some information relevant to Maemo Summit speakers.
- You are encouraged to use the Maemo Summit 2009 template for presentations, available as odp and ppt.
- The best format for the presentations is 16×9 since this is the proportion of the screens in use. Presentations with 3×4 format might get black strips on the sides or get slightly squeezed.
- There are Windows laptops with Internet connection for speakers in the N900, N810 and N800 rooms. They are equipped with OpenOffice.org, MS Office, Adobe Acrobat and Firefox.
- Bring your presentation to your session room in a USB stick around 9:30, 13:30 (Friday) or 14:30 (Saturday). Have copies in our laptop or online just in case.
- You can use your own laptop if you really need to. At your own risk, we won’t change the schedule if you have problems. Definitely not recommended for lightning sessions.
- There will be N900 devices for speakers willing to demo their software. These devices can be connected to the projector with TV-Out.
- The N810 room will have 2 independent projectors. You can use them to have e.g. slides and a device demo in parallel.
Question and more useful information in this discussion thread.